JUST GETTING STARTED

For you first time visitors let me say this is a work in progress. We have started small and hope to get bigger and more comprehensive in our coverage of DUNGEON 52. We hope to add the Batteries we worked with and hopefully be a source to aid in contacting friends and comrades who served during this time period. All additional information is welcome.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Leave Information and Sitreps Here

Leave any information you believe would be helpful as a comment here.

4 comments:

phil vessello said...

I was assigned to HQ 2/33rd , nov 66 but was attached to 1/16th inf (242k) till sept 67, then went to Ben Cat with the arvns till dec 68, came back to lai khe and ran HQs NCO club for 3 months then DEROS to the world april 69. Was home for almost a yr , trouble with the law , back into army (or jail ) for another 3 yrs . 1 more 9 month tour with 101st airborne, camp eagle

phil vessello said...

ps phil vessello is sgtv68@aol.com

Rod Rodriguez said...

I was assigned to Alpha Battery at FSB Gela where I met Del Hiesterman, who was in FDC. I was an FO with Delta, 1/28th out of Gela. Back then I was known as Lt. Rod. Alpha Battery fired many, many missions for me while I was with the infantry. Alpha did a great job for us. In December 2014, Del and I returned to Vietnam and we found all the old sites where we served in '69. It was a memorable trip.
LG Rod Rodriguez

JimT said...

I was with Dungeon 52 from January, 1969 until March, 1970. For the first half of my tour I worked the radios communicating with the batterys in the field. The last half of my tour I worked the radio as Lai Khe Arty, communicating with all of the aircraft that passed through our area. Names I remember are Pat McQueen, Phil Ruggerio, Harry Hogshead, Jim Duncan, Kenny Hester and Mike? Simpson (OJ). There were so many more but the name have been forgotten as the time has passed but not the faces.

Some may remember me as Jim Thomson or just Thomson.